Monday 4 June 2012

Tacoma

Had I tip off at Snoqualmie yesterday about Steam train rides in Tacoma on Sunday. So after a bit of internet reseach I found out these are being run by Mount Rainier Scenic Railway and departing from the Old Freighouse. So after a battle with the Sat Nav which wanted to take me through an Air Force base, so I found a near by IHOP and had breakfast
The I found some signs for the historical district and eventually found the place. The train was 3 coaches top and tailed with the steam loco leading and a F9 Diesel trailing.


The ride was about 3 miles there and 3 back again all except the end of it was up hill on a 4% gradient so the steam loco was working hard all the way. After this I took a ride on the Tocama Central Link tram through the historical district stopping off to look at the old Union station which is now the Court House and where the plafroms would off been there now runs a motorway

I then had a late lunch at the Boxcar Cafe which is in the old Freighthouse, next to the Sounder Commuter rail platform, Had a Rubans sandwich there, Manage to get a sun burn head so I went back to the hotel for a nap and then to the local diner for dinner of a Country fried Steak

No comments: