Monday 4 June 2012

North West Rail Museum

Today I went to find this museum line the weather was wet  to start of with with some heavy showers but these cleared up from mid morning. The Museum is about 30 miles east of here based at the Station at Snoqualmie, which is the center of the line. As the first train is not until 11am about 90 mins from when I arrive I follow the line to one of the termini at North Bend and find a diner for breakfast, these too towns are in the land that time forgot they seem to be still in the 1960's

Breakfast was Maple Sausage, 2 eggs, Hash Browns and Cornbeef hash with toast.

By the time I got back to the Station the ticket office was open so I got my ticket and signed up for the optional extra tour of the new train shed, this only open last weekend, so I was one of the first visitors. Turns out the tour guide was a Londoner. So after a look around the Train shed building it was back on the train for the rest of the ride

The two scenic highlights of the line are Mount Si and the Snoqualmie falls, where we stop on a tressle high above the river

I then had a walk around taking so pics of the equipment that was on display, all the time with the treat of rain. I decided to have a drive up as far as Everett after I finished, which was working fine until I got to the north side of Seattle where there was an accident causeing traffic chaos, so I gave up on that idea, so I headed back to King Street Amtrak depot to see what was around as its a good spot for train watching. . After watching a few trains pass, I was hungry again so headed of to North Seattle and Red Mill Burgers as seen on Man V Food, Its an old fashioned Burger bar that hasnt changed much since the 50's or 60's. I had a Red Onion Jam Burger.
By the time I left the que was out of the door. Then It was back to the hotel to plan Sundays trip to Tacoma


No comments: