Sunday 3 June 2012

Seattle

To days job was to collect the first hire car a Nissan Sentra. The day started with breakfast at the hotel, the best thing was waffles, then it was the hotel shuttle bus to the airport and to the car rental centre to collect the car. After that I decided to visit the Museum of Flight next to Boeing Field. One of the the heighlights of this Museum was being able to go onboard a Concord and on Aircraft 1

I had some brunch a ham and cheese sandwich at the museum, after I finished there, I went to find a model shop. On the way back from there nearly had a bump in the car when an old lady didnt stop at a junction, luckly no one hurt or damage. After that I found my way to the station, but its in a bit of a mess as its being referbished, so I went and found the Amtrak engine facility a couple of blocks south. Best part is that there is a level crossing right through the middle of the site

After a bit of train watching it was back to the hotel for a bit of a rest and then out for a burger dip and the the local bar and grill around the corner

1 comment:

Jim said...

Sounds like a relaxing time - try to get a latte at the coffee bar in Seattle Station if it is still there - he claims to have invented it...
There is a strange memorial called Stonehenge on the junction of 97 and 14 - if you get close it's worth a look.