Thursday 7 June 2012

Last Day in Seattle

The plan for today was to take a day trip to Vancouver Canada. the train left at 7.40am so an early start from the hotel. The girl on reception said the traffic was bad and would take at least an hour.. she told stories, only took me 30 mins, so got parked up and walked over to the station. Thing went down hill when I saw 2 busses parked out side my train had been replaced by a bus due to a mud slide, I didnt want to spend 9 hours on a bus so I got a refund on the tickets. Then to decided what to do for the day, Firstly I found a new spot for watching trains
The I went for breakfast
Took a ride over to the monorail and a ride up the space needle

Next I took a walk to Pike Street market
Had dinner here, Cod from Alaska and chips

Then took a tram ride to SeaTac Airport and back. On the way back to the Car I found the old Union Station  which is now the offices for the Sound Trainsit

Found another site to watch the evening commuter before I went back to Kent for dinner and back to the hotel. Had a meat feast pizza. The place said everything was fresh and nothing was frozen....not sure how they made the ice though

No comments: