Tuesday 29 May 2012

West Coast Trip 2012

This years trip sees me chasing trains and eating my way up and down the West Coast of the USA. Ive been here before LA with the Band a few years ago and a day trip to Seattle a few years ago.
This trip see me fly into LA then the train up to seattle, few days there, fly down to San Francisico for a few days, then a slow drive down the pacific coast highway ending up in LA for a few days before I return. May throw in a day trip to Canada and Mexico while here.
First Stop was the parents house to leave my car ad for Hazel to pick me up to take me to Heathrow. Stayed at the Novotel on M4 Junc 4. Had Onion Soup and fillet steak there for tea. and then an early night.
Monday morning started with breakfast in the hotel and then on to the Heathrow Hoppa Bus H51 to Terminal 5, After droping my bags it was time to find the 'pod' to have a ride in
Then it was through security and on the shuttle train to find my gate C52 one of the furtest away from the terminal my Plane  G-STBB a 777-300ER was only delivered new in 2011

We had good wind (not produced my myself) and we arrived an hour early, which meant I could get on the FlyAway shuttle to Union Station the same time as we were due to land. The Hotel the Metro Plaza is a short walk from the Station, comfortable and basic, but convenient for the train I will be taking. After a nap it was around the corner to The South Street Smokehouse where I had a sampler platter.

Was very good got my fingers all sticky and only got a little bit down me. Now its time to catch up with some sleep ready for a lazy day tomorrow.

No comments: