Thursday 31 May 2012

A day in LA

With the effects of jet lag this morning I was awake early, but managed to stay in bed till around 6.30 when I got up and dressed for breakfast, the best thing about breakfast was the tea, and that was only because I took my own tea bag. I decided that I would go over to Union Station to get my bearings and pick up my train tickets, on the way over I went through El Pueblo de Los Angeles State Park.
 This was the site of the first houses and street in LA when it was a village I returned here for Mexican brunch of Shredded Beef, Scrambled eggs and rice and beans in what the sign says is the oldest brick built building in LA.
Before that having done some train watching in the sun, I decided on a little trip there and back again to San Fernando on the Antelope Valley Line of Metrolink.  Then after my Mexican Brunch, I took a trip to Riverside Downtown out on 91 Line and back on the Riverside Line. It was very hot by now around 5pm so I made my way back to the hotel via El Pueblo, picking up a Caramel Churrto and a banana and orange smoothie. After a bit of a relax around 7pm I took a walk to Philippe, the Home of the French dip sandwich as seen on Man V Food, I had a beef double dipped sandwich. The restaurant is one of the oldest in Southern California opened in 1908 and very popular, even if it does have sawdust on the floor. After eating my fill I waddled back to the hotel and  fell asleep watching TV

No comments: